Community Advisory Panel
Join one of our Community Advisory Panels
Help us reach our potential in delivering an enjoyable visitor experience and to improve access for visitors with disabilities and Black & Minority Ethnic communities.
- Are you passionate about the Black Country?
- Do you enjoy learning about your local history?
- Would you like to get involved in developing community engagement projects?
- Would you like to support BCLM in creating opportunities for disabled and Black & Minority Ethnic communities?
As a Community Advisor we would like you to:
- Help us to improve our accessibility and visitor experience.
- Provide BCLM with external expertise and opportunities to link into new networks.
- Provide independent feedback and ideas from a unique community perspective.
- Assist in building relationships that support community empowerment and inclusion.
- Act as an ambassador for BCLM.
- Challenge BCLM to bring about change that will fulfill its aim of “mainstreaming diversity”.
As a Community Advisor at BCLM, you will be able to:
- Meet like-minded people to share ideas and network.
- Learn more about the Black Country heritage.
- Help us to rise to the challenge of reflecting diversity in the Black Country and beyond.
- Contribute and influence the direction of a high profile heritage site.
- Attend future projects and events.
- Receive regular newsletters about Black Country Living Museum.
- Be involved with planning and developing new and innovative projects, sharing the story of the Black Country.
What to expect?
We will meet once every six weeks at Black Country Living Museum.
You will be expected to attend at least 8 out of the 12 meetings (approx. 2 hours) per year, refreshments provided.
All panel member will be invited to attend an informal introductory meeting for a ‘get to know you’ session.
Who are we looking for?
Someone who has an interest in community engagement activities for disabled, special needs or BME audiences.
You will have a collective vision to work together and support Black Country Living Museum.
How to join
In Person Museum Welcome Desk
By Post Black Country Living Museum, FREEPOST DUDLEY DY1 4BR
By Phone Glenis Williams, Community Engagement Manager, on 0121 521 5697
Email [email protected]