Membership Terms & Conditions
All you need to know
1. Membership is valid for a period of one year from the date of purchase.
2. Membership prices for 2023:
- Single (for one named person) – £40
- Joint (two named adults living at the same address) – £65
- Small Family 1 (one adult and up to three children aged 3 – 15) – £62
- Small Family 2 (two adults and one child aged 3 – 15) -£72
- Medium Family (two named adults and up to two children aged 3 – 15) – £79
- Large Family (two named adults and up to three children aged 3 – 15) – £85
Membership is non-refundable, gift memberships must be redeemed within 12 months of the purchase date and any upgrades must be made within a month of purchase. The Museum reserves the right to increase the cost of any level of Membership without prior notice and the increased price will apply at renewal.
3. Membership cards are not transferable and are valid for use by the named cardholder only. Where Joint or Family Members are visiting together, both cards must be presented upon entry to the Museum. Occasional spot checks will take place asking Members to provide additional ID when visiting. If a Museum staff member reasonably suspects that the user of the Membership card is not the Member, and the user is unable to provide acceptable proof of ID, entry using the card will be refused and the card will be withheld.
4. The membership card allows signatories (and children where a Family membership is purchased) unlimited access to the Museum during normal opening hours. Entry to special events during or outside of normal opening hours will require an additional ticket and is not included in membership.
5. A 20% discount on food and drink is available at the following outlets on production of a valid membership card: Visitor Welcome Centre Café, Workers’ Institute Café, Hobbs Fish & Chip Shop, Veal’s Baker’s Shop, T. Cook’s Sweet Shop, Bottle & Glass Inn, and The Elephant and Castle Pub. Discount applies to members only and cannot be used in conjunction with other offers. Discount does not apply to alcoholic beverages. Cards must be presented at the start of the transaction.
6. A 20% discount is available at the following shops: Museum Gift Shop and H. Morrall’s Gentlemen’s Outfitters. Discount applies to members only and cannot be used in conjunction with sale items or other offers. Discount does not apply to alcoholic products, canal art products, postage stamps or car park tokens. Cards must be presented at the start of the transaction.
7. A 20% discount on food and drink is available at the following outlets on production of a valid membership card: Visitor Welcome Centre Café, Workers’ Institute Café, Hobbs Fish & Chip Shop, Veal’s Baker’s Shop, T. Cook’s Sweet Shop, Bottle & Glass Inn, and The Elephant and Castle Pub. Discount applies to members only and cannot be used in conjunction with other offers. Discount does not apply to alcoholic beverages. Cards must be presented at the start of the transaction.
8. Your 20% ticket discount will apply to as many tickets as individuals covered by your membership, i.e. if you have a Single Membership, you will receive a discount on 1 Adult ticket; if you have a Medium Family Membership you will receive a discount on 2 Adult tickets and up to 3 Child tickets.
9. During priority booking periods, a maximum of 6 full-price tickets may be purchased for friends and family in addition to those purchased for individuals covered by the membership. Please note our Peaky Blinders Nights are adult only events (16+) so tickets can only be purchased for the adult individuals covered in your membership.
10. A valid membership number must be quoted to obtain priority booking over the phone. You may also be asked to provide other information to prove identity. Priority booking can also be accessed online when using your member login details.
11. One free car parking token per visit will be provided on exit on production of a valid membership card. This token can only be used to access free parking on the Museum car park and we cannot guarantee parking spaces for members. Car park charges incurred elsewhere are not covered by Membership.
12. Three Members’ Family & Friends vouchers entitling 25% off single daytime admission (not valid to receive an UnChained Pass) will be issued as part of the membership. Each voucher entitles one person to the discount and can only be used once, it will be retained by BCLM Staff on redemption. Excludes Family Tickets. Non-members must be accompanied by a member and the voucher presented at Admissions with a valid membership card. Excludes pre-bookable events.
13. Priority booking notice and Member What’s On are provided by email only. It is the responsibility of the Member to ensure their email address and contact permissions are correct and up to date.
14. An additional charge may apply to special members-only experiences.
16. Gift memberships become active once redeemed by telephone or in-person at the Museum at Admissions. When activating a gift membership the gift recipient will be required to supply the following information to establish their membership; name, name of second cardholder (Joint and Family memberships), address and email address.
17. In exceptional circumstances Black Country Living Museum reserves the right to withdraw any of the membership benefits at any time without prior notification or recompense.
18. Black Country Living Museum reserves the right to refuse or terminate membership at any time.
19. Membership welcome packs can take up to 14 days to process. Your membership is active from purchase, you can access most of your membership benefits before receiving your pack: To visit – simply give your name and provide photo ID at the Admission Tills and the team will issue you with a temporary membership card for the day to access your onsite discounts. To book – login here with your registered email address, and book an exclusive Get Closer members event, or use your members discount on special event tickets.