Membership Terms & Conditions
All you need to know
Membership is valid for a period of one year from the date of purchase.
Membership prices for 2022:
- Single (for one named person) – £35
- Joint (two named adults living at the same address) – £54
- Small Family (one adult and up to three children aged 3 – 15) – £57
- Medium Family (two named adults and up to two children aged 3 – 15) – £65
- Large Family (two named adults and up to three children aged 3 – 15) – £72
Membership is non-refundable, gift memberships must be redeemed within 12 months of the purchase date and any upgrades must be made within a month of purchase. The Museum reserves the right to increase the cost of any level of Membership without prior notice and the increased price will apply at renewal.
- Membership cards are not transferable and are valid for use by the named cardholder only. Where Joint or Family Members are visiting together, both cards must be presented upon entry to the Museum. Occasional spot checks will take place asking Members to provide additional ID when visiting. If a Museum staff member reasonably suspects that the user of the Membership card is not the Member, and the user is unable to provide acceptable proof of ID, entry using the card will be refused and the card will be withheld.
- The membership card allows signatories (and children where a Family membership is purchased) unlimited access to the Museum during normal opening hours. Entry to special events requiring advance booking is not included in membership.
- A 20% discount on food and drink is available at the following outlets on production of a valid membership card: Rolfe Street Café, Workers’ Institute Café, Hobbs Fish & Chip Shop, Veal’s Baker’s Shop, T. Cook’s Sweet Shop and Bottle & Glass Inn. Discount applies to members only and cannot be used in conjunction with other offers. Discount does not apply to alcoholic beverages. Cards must be presented at the start of the transaction.
- A 20% discount is available at the following shops: Museum Gift Shop and H. Morrall’s Gentlemen’s Outfitters. Discount applies to members only and cannot be used in conjunction with sale items or other offers. Discount does not apply to alcoholic products or Canal Art products. Cards must be presented at the start of the transaction.
- A 20% discount is available on all full-price special events and therefore excludes Red by Night and Finding the Fifties. Events involving alcohol are also excluded including Burns Nights and our alcohol related tasting events. Discounted tickets can be accessed by logging into your members account at www.bclm.com, presenting your membership card at the tills or quoting your membership number over the phone.
- Your 20% ticket discount will apply to as many tickets as individuals covered by your membership, i.e. if you have a Single Membership, you will receive a discount on 1 Adult ticket; if you have a Family Membership you will receive a discount on 2 Adult tickets and up to 3 Child tickets.
- During priority booking periods, a maximum of 6 full-price tickets may be purchased for friends and family in addition to those purchased for individuals covered by the membership. Please note our Peaky Blinders Nights are adult only events (16+) so tickets can only be purchased for the adult individuals covered in your membership.
- A valid membership number must be quoted to obtain priority booking over the phone. You may also be asked to provide other information to prove identity. Priority booking can also be accessed online when using your member login details.
- A valid membership card must be shown to access general admission fast track entry.
- One free car parking token per visit will be provided on exit on production of a valid membership card. This token can only be used to access free parking on the Museum car park and we cannot guarantee parking spaces for members. Car park charges incurred elsewhere are not covered by Membership.
- Three Members’ Family & Friends vouchers entitling 25% off single daytime admission (not valid to receive an Unchained Annual Pass) will be issued as part of the membership. Each voucher can only be used once and will be retained by BCLM Staff on redemption. Excludes Family Tickets. Non-members must be accompanied by a member and the voucher presented at Admissions with a valid membership card. Excludes pre-bookable events.
- Priority booking notice and Member news are provided by email only. It is the responsibility of the Member to ensure their email address and contact permissions are correct and up to date.
- An additional charge may apply to special members-only experiences.
- Gift memberships become active once redeemed by the gift recipient online, by telephone or in-person at the Museum at Admissions. When activating a gift membership the gift recipient will be required to supply the following information to establish their membership; name, name of second cardholder (Joint and Family memberships), address and email address.
- In exceptional circumstances Black Country Living Museum reserves the right to withdraw any of the membership benefits at any time without prior notification or recompense.
- Black Country Living Museum reserves the right to refuse or terminate membership at any time.
- If your membership card(s) is lost or stolen there is a £3 administration charge to reproduce the card(s).
- Please allow 14 days for application processing.