Terms and Conditions
BCLM Website Terms & Conditions
The term ‘Black Country Living Museum’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is Tipton Road, Dudley DY1 4SQ. Our company registration number is 1226321, England. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time, this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
BCLM Online Bookings Terms & Conditions
All tickets purchased online via BCLM’s ticketing site are non-refundable and non-transferable. It is the responsibility of the Visitor to ensure that the correct number and type of tickets are purchased for admission to the Museum.
Online tickets purchased via BCLM’s ticketing site are allocated a unique barcode which will be scanned upon admission to the Museum. If the barcode on your ticket has already been scanned the barcode scanner will alert the Admissions Assistant and you will not be admitted.
Special event tickets purchased are only valid for the event and date stated and cannot be converted into an UnChained Annual Pass. Special events tickets cannot be purchased using an UnChained Annual Pass. It is the responsibility of the Visitor to ensure that the correct special event tickets are purchased. Special event tickets are excluded from Gift Aid donations. Event tickets are non-refundable and non-transferable. Refunds will only be issued should the Museum cancel an event.
The Museum is not liable for visitors’ accommodation and travel costs and will not reimburse such costs should an event be cancelled, or the Museum need to close to visitors, due to circumstances beyond its control. This includes, but is not limited to, Government restrictions due to Covid-19 or adverse weather.
Tickets are valid for admission on the dates and times that the Museum is open to the public. Visitors are advised to check the Museum website for details of opening dates and times prior to purchasing. Online tickets are valid for 12 months from the date of purchase and therefore, no refunds will be made.
Black Country Living Museum tickets are not valid for admission to Dudley Canal Trust.
All tickets purchased are valid for admission to the Museum only, additional charges apply.
Any young person (aged 15 or under) must be accompanied by an adult aged 16+.
Vouchers/coupons, including National Rail 2 for 1 vouchers and National Express 25% off vouchers, cannot be used on bank holidays or for pre-booked events.
Visitors purchasing Concession tickets (Seniors – 65+, Students and Unwaged) must bring evidence of their eligibility for presentation at the point of Admission. The Museum reserves the right to deny entry or charge the full standard admission fee to any Visitor unable to provide documentation upon request. Full-time students of any age are required to bring student photo identification with them.
Visitors are advised that dogs are not permitted onto the Museum site (with the exception of guide dogs, hearing dogs and support dogs) and that smoking is strictly prohibited throughout.
The Museum is licensed to serve and sell alcohol on its premises to any visitor aged 18+. Proof of age photo ID may be requested and sale refused to any Visitor unable to provide a satisfactory form of ID. The Museum respectfully asks Visitors to drink responsibly during their visit and reserves the right to refuse sale of alcohol to any Visitor deemed to be intoxicated. In such instances Visitors may also be asked to leave the Museum premises and no refund will be issued. Visitors are not permitted to consume alcohol on site that has not been purchased from the Museum.
The Museum reserves the right to refuse admission to the Museum or ask Visitors to leave without prior notification should their behaviour be deemed to be anti-social or offensive to Staff or other Visitors. In these instances refunds will not be issued.
BCLM UnChained Annual Pass Terms & Conditions
Black Country Living Museum UnChained Annual Passes (“UnChained” hereafter) and event tickets are non-refundable and non-transferable. Any UnChained Pass being used fraudulently will be retained by the Museum and no refund issued.
UnChained Passes cannot be purchased or used in conjunction with any other offer including Tesco Clubcard Days Out Vouchers.
Unchained Passes will be issued to visitors purchasing full priced admission to the Museum online or on the door.
UnChained passes are valid for 12 months from the original date of purchase (online or on the door)*.
Visitors are advised to check the Museum’s opening dates and times prior to their intended visit date.
UnChained Passes are valid for unlimited return visits for 12 months from the date of issue* for the original visiting party only. Any additional visitors will be charged the normal admission price. Groups (Educational or any group over 15 people) do not qualify for an UnChained Annual Pass and should contact the Sales & Ticketing Line on 0121 520 8054 to arrange their visit. UnChained Passes are valid for the original visiting party only and Black Country Living Museum reserves the right to retain and revoke UnChained Passes belonging to any visitors found or suspected to be transferring their UnChained Annual Pass.
We recommend that visitors book general admission to the Museum will be via a pre-booked timed entry ticket. Visitors can amend/cancel their timed entry ticket by calling our Sales & Ticketing team on 0121 520 8054, or emailing [email protected] Please note that whilst entry times can be amended, general admission tickets are non-refundable.
The UnChained Pass is valid for general admission on the dates and times that the Museum is open to the public. Please see the Museum website for details of opening times and dates.
UnChained Passes cannot be used for entry to special events, courses or towards school or group bookings.
UnChained Passes must be produced on arrival on all return visits to gain free admission. Any visitors unable to produce their pass will be charged the normal admission price and this will not be refunded.
The Museum reserves the right to request proof of purchase and/or identification upon entry to the Museum and to charge normal admission price to any visitors unable to prove that they are the original pass holders/visiting party. Normal admission prices will be charged and no refunds issued.
Any passes showing signs of damage or falsification will not be accepted; full admission will be charged and no refund issued.
Expired UnChained Passes will not be accepted for free return admission and normal admission price will be charged and a new UnChained Pass issued.
The Museum will replace lost or damaged UnChained Passes at a charge of £3. This request must be made in person by the named lead visitor and photo ID and proof of address must be provided.
The Museum reserves the right to refuse admission.